Rules, Guidelines, and Policies
- Please only edit a page if it absolutely needs it. If it is locked, you may tell an admin what needs to be edited. The page will not be unlocked for safety reasons.
- Overpowering will not be tolorated.
- DO NOT ROLEPLAY IN THE COMMENTS! Roleplaying in the comments will be deleted without hesitation and you will be warned and blocked for a day.
- Please do not remove content from pages and replace it with your own context. It won't matter if you changed the story to something else or added something else. Even if you added some nonsense that didn't have anything to do with the page at all. The page will be fixed and you will be blocked.
- Make pages that relate to this wiki. If the page doesn't, it will be taken down and you will be talked to by an admin.
- Don't back talk the admins, the chat moderators or the founder. We know what's right and what the rules are. If we tell you not to do something again, don't do it again. If we tell you to knock it off, knock it off. Don't try to come up with some lame excuse, it's not acceptable.
- It doesn't matter if somebody else had your account. This mess still came from your account. YOU are the responsible holder for it. Besides, we don't know if you're just saying that to make it seem like you are still a good user or whatever. It isn't going to be tolerated.
- No NSFW images or videos or pages. This explains itself. After all, not everybody here is the same age. Respect young eyes.
- Don't come to anybody and go "this wiki is under my control now" or try to make the leaders step down and let you take control. That will result in a block for good. We don't need people like that here. It's annoying and confusing for others.
- Don't start a war in the comment section. That will be taken down right away and the person who started it will be blocked for more than a month and any participants will be blocked for a few weeks.
- No conversations in the comment section. That's what the chat room is for! The comment section is for COMMENTS ABOUT THE ARTICLE ONLY! Conversations will be taken down right away.
- Don't spam or remove content from talk pages! This stuff needs to stay if an event of great concern happened. If you spam a talk page, you will be blocked for good and it's just a waste of time.
- Don't ask users for any personal information! This includes phone number, name (first, middle and last), email address, address, where they live, age, what school they attend, their credit card number, login password, or their IP address.
- Do not change any quotes on ANY pages for any users unless you have your own or are requested to.
- You will NOT impersonate another user from this wikia and any wiki. Impersonation will result in an infinite block.
- You will not give out your password to any user. Nor will you ask for passwords from any user.
- Give any suggestions you may have to an admin or a bureaucrat.
For Blog Posts
- You will NOT post an entire story on a blog post. That is what the pages are for. To create a page, go to "Contribute" and select "Add a page".
- Do not spam blog pages for entertainment or badges.
- Blogs are for keeping friends/users updated on the most recent activity with you and wiki. Please do not make short simple statements in your blog posts. They will be taken down and you will be talked to by an admin as to why.
- PLEASE make blogs longer than three sentences! Three sentences is a paragraph. Make sure it's new, appropriate, follows the rules and is related to the wiki and current events.
- Alternate accounts will not be tolerated just for getting around a ban or block. If you are found using an alternate account, we will find the others and block them as well.
- If you do create an alternate account, please notify an admin, the founder, or a bureaucrat about it and a link to its page. Please make sure it is for testing and testing ONLY.
- When making a username for your alternate account, please be sure it is appropriate. That means it cannot be a racial slur, made to be hateful or satirical. This doesn't only go for alternate accounts, this goes for every account.
- If you own another account to avoid a user who has been harassing you, please let us know. We will do our best to prevent anything from happening here.
For the Administrators
This section of the page is obviously for you guys. I just want to make things clear with all of you whom were given the rights to be an admin and I want to instruct you how your job should be done. It's pretty obvious that if you got to become an admin, you were doing the right thing and always have been a good contributor to this wikia. Please read the article below to get a full understanding of what's expected of you!
- Somebody you don't like from another wiki has joined us here? Well, too bad. You can't harass them or block them. It is your job as an admin to make everybody feel welcomed and keep things in order. This does not mean you have to associate or become best friends with that person, just treat them fairly. If they happen to break a rule or several rules, go ahead and deal with them if somebody has not.
- Don't give your best friend who's new to this wiki admin powers just because you have them. They need to earn them. Tell them it's against the rules.
- A user you don't care for has made their way to adminship? Deal with it. Not everything is going to go your way. If this really does bother you, just leave.
- If somebody is breaking any of the rules, it's your job to correct it! Don't just let it slide. Don't just sit there and watch it happen while you expect somebody else to come in and save the day. If something goes wrong, take care of it.
- Be sure to restore anything that has been messed with.
- Don't block people for excessive amounts of time. Don't go too big with it and don't go too small. Do an appropriate amount of time.
- Don't kick or ban people for no reason.
If any of these rules are broken, you will no longer have a title as an admin. Depending upon which rule you broke, you could be blocked as well. You will NOT receive your adminship back as well. Be careful, we aren't afraid to.
As a chat moderator, it's your job to make sure chat stays in line and people follow the chat rules. The chat is your place. The rest of wikia, please leave to the admins.
- Do not randomly kick or ban people for no reason.
- Be sure to be fair about the warnings and the usage of kicks and bans.
- Don't make the problem worse.
- If you see a problem, help fix it.
If any of these rules are broken, you will no longer have a title as a chat mod. Depending upon which rule you broke, you could be blocked as well. You will NOT receive your chat mod title back as well. Be careful.
This rule is for any page you could make through this Wiki. It may be changed frequently, a new rule may rise when a disagreement is formed, and it will have strict consequences that will not be held back on.
Unfinished pages or WIP's (work in progess) are acceptable here to a certain point. It is understood that while writing a page on a user or event takes time and research, so it may not get done all in one day if nobody else pitches in. However, as stated above, there are points where it will be taken down.
You may have a work in progress for a page, but it is expected to be finished. If the story is not finished in a suitable amount of time, it may or may not be deleted depending on what is done. However, making the page and not contributing anything will result in a warning. The next time will be a three day block.
Any doubles of pages that are made with new content or the same content will be deleted right away. You will be blocked for a day, no excuses.
Removing and replacing any text in an article is known as vandalism. This means it's an unwanted edit that has no place or purpose on a Wiki. Whether this was intentional or you did not quite understand the issue, it will involve a ban indefinitely. If you wish to settle this with an admin, go ahead and search for one to contact here:
If It Didn't Happen...
If the event never happened within the Wikia War, don't post anything about it. If you feel like it's going to happen, STILL don't post it. Solid information only! This will result in a block that will get larger each time you break this rule.
Please be sure to do your 100% best when it comes to writing blogs, pages, or leaving messages on talk pages. While someone will sooner or later edit your page, it's best you do your all so they aren't forced to do so much work. Also remember to not type up a wall o' text either, the enter button the make a new paragraph is quite important! Punctuation, capitalization, and all your basic writing skills apply to these pages!
- Do not spam links! Please! Spamming links is just as annoying as any other form of spam. If a person is interested in watching, they will watch. You don't need to post is as soon as somebody joins the chat either. If you really want some people to see it, you can upload it to the videos section of this wikia AS LONG AS IT'S APPROPRIATE!
- Please do not spam random words. Just entering chat and going df adsf dsf sad f dsgjlifjglfg sfdg dsf gdsajlf IS VERY ANNOYING. We will ask you to stop, then we will kick you from the chat room. If you do not stop, it will result in a 2 hour ban from chat for violating this rule.
- Do not ask for personal information! Nobody is really comfortable with giving away their personal information willy nilly to strangers online. If you are friends and need to get in contact, please do this in a PM! Keep in mind everybody can see what you're saying in main chat. If you ask somebody out of the blue and they aren't comfortable, you should stop. If you don't we will ban you from chat for at least a few days.
- Respect opinions! We are all entitled to our own opinions. One may like a show and another may not like it. If there is a discussion about something you do not like, please don't be a jerk about it. You don't need to go "OMG THAT SHOW FU***** SUCKS! SHUT UP AND BURN IN HELL!". Yeah, no. If you do not care for something, just wait until the conversation is over. You will be warned then kicked.
- You are not welcome to remain in the chat just to see someone if you are not a Venkon or a Ivich. Please take those to another chat.
- No racial slurs. The N word is not acceptable no matter what. We don't care if you're the best of friends, it isn't an acceptable word. Keep in mind it isn't all about you! Others have feelings about these things. Any other racial slurs with or without an intent to hurt somebody will result in a ban for at least a week or two. No warnings given.
- DON'T USE ALL CAPS LIKE THIS. I do not care if you are using a Homestuck quirk as if you are Karkat, it gets very annoying. I'm sure if we were all chatting in real life, we wouldn't be screaming at each other for no reason. If an argument starts up, this also goes for that. Limit the caps. A few warnings given and a kick. If you just continue to ignore this rule and what is being said to you, you will be banned for a day.
- Don't stretch words. Again, I know Vriska from Homestuck uses a quirk where she stretches her words from time to time. If you want to do a Homestuck RP, please do so in a PM. Saaaayyyyiinnggg thiiiinggggssssss liiiiiiikkkkkkkeeee thissssssss issssss aaannnoyyyyyiiinggg. We will warn, kick, then ban for 2 hours.
- No pronographic material of any sort. No links, pictures or even talk. Nobody wants to hear it or see it! This will be no warning no kick, infinite ban.
- Do not harass any users! If you are seen picking at a user to deliberately hurt them, you will be banned from the chat room for a few days and your actions will be discussed on your talk page. If it happens again, it will be infinite.
- Keep your RP's in a PM. Even if several are a part of it, please PM it! It's a form of spamming the chat room and it's difficult when another conversation is going on. You will be kindly asked to take it elsewhere or to a PM. Otherwise you will be kicked or have a penalty of a 2 hour ban.
- Song lyrics....just don't post them! It's yet another form of spam and nobody cares! If they want to hear a song, they'll look it up. Just no song lyrics PLEASE! You will be kicked and then banned for a certain amount of time if it happens again. The amount of time depends on how much.
- If you're starting drama and you get kicked, you will be banned for a month. I know this might sound a little extreme, but drama just doesn't belong in the chat room.
- If you get kicked and come back and freak out, say goodbye for a few weeks. Because you're banned!
- Chat links! Please do not post chat links in main chat unless it's an extreme need. Otherwise, please link them to people in a PM who asked for it.
- No shock sites!
- No Homestuck quirks in main chat! They get annoying to try to read and not everybody understands them
- No spamming emoticons! If you want a list, look at the Mediawiki page for emoticons.
- No gory images! People do NOT want to see dismembered bodies or a person in operation. Nothing of the sort.
- You must be 13 years or older to enter this chat. If you are underage, moderators are obligated to give you a permanent ban and/or report you to Wikia Staff for being underage and violating the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
- You cannot have any history with helping the Ivich Army. If while in the Venkon Army you consider it or even threaten to join, you will be removed.
- You must contribute to the war in some way. Ranging from data and fighting. All work is appreciated.
- You cannot be on both sides. You cannot live with a foot on both sides. You must choose one.
- You also are not allowed to leave the Venkon Army momentarily for the Ivichs and switch back. Your choice must be definite.
- While in the Army, you cannot spite or hurt other users. While minor arguing and reasonable arguing is allowed, you must either attempt to get along, or just do not communicate with one another.
- Show respect to people of higher authority than you. While you may argue ideas with anybody, you must do as you're told.
- Do not join just for moderator rights. Gaining rights takes time, so be patient.
- If you join, you are at least expected to check in here and there. If you leave without say, you will be removed until your return.
- Understand that if you are suspected of having any alternate accounts that violate the Wiki Rules, an IP check will be sent to Wikia Staff without your consent. If the check comes back as matching, you will be blocked without a second chance. Do not fight back.
- While you are free to advertise, please do not be excessive to other communities about it. If you are caught asking someone to harass us, that will result in both of you in a ban.
- Do not ask for information regardless of how well you think you know a person.
- Giving out false information about any user will not be tolerated. Regardless if they are a Venkon Soldier, an Ivich, or just any random user; this will result in a punishment.
- Do not make alternate accounts to pretend to be an Ivich just for fake victories.
- Love outside the army (Venkon & Ivichi relationships) is forbidden.
- When accepted, you are not allowed to tell your parents, friends, family of any kind or ANYBODY about this place or the situation.